Saturday, April 16, 2011

Polyphasic sleep morning two.

So last night was my second night of only getting four and a half hours of sleep. I had to get up for work anyway so it wasn't like I could get sleep if I wanted to.

I am only going to work from 7-12 today so I can come back and take a nap and hang out with Walker more.

Zac was supposed to do the polyphasic sleep with me, but he wanted to play video games. I have no idea when he finally went to bed, but my guess is that he will be asleep for quite a while.

I've already been told that I am crazy and that my sleep schedule won't work.
This is what I am doing and why I am doing it:

My plan is to go to bed at midnight and get up 4 and half hours later. Then I will take two 20 minute naps a day; one at 12 and one at 6. The theory behind this sleep is that my body will immediately go into a REM cycle when I take my naps. Look it up online.

I am doing it because my guess is that I only get about 6 hours or less sleep a night anyways and this way I won't be tired even though I am only going to be getting 5.5 hours of sleep.

So call me crazy, but I want to feel rested and this is the best way I can do that with my current schedule.

1 comment:

  1. You aren't crazy. You're just braver than the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete